Well I hope you have been following these posts and passing them on to friends. Education, that’s what it’s all about. I take the time to pass on this valuable information for you and the community. A step toward all of you living healthier happier lives. I talk about foods, detoxing, chemicals, you name it, I tell you valuable info about what we all need to know. In all the weeks, I realized I never mentioned sleep. Yes, you have heard it all BLAH BLAH BLAH you need 8 hours for health benefits etc. Well you can’t sleep that much, or you go to bed too late, you can’t fall asleep or you’re an early bird. You heard that if you don’t get enough sleep you will store fat. Your memory will suffer if you don’t get enough sleep. You will be tired and foggy all day. You have heard it all.
Did you know that the sleeping position of your body is more important than the hours of sleep? Now I am not saying you can function on 2-3 hrs. Different sleeping positions are more beneficial than others. The hard truth is that getting a good night’s sleep is pivotal to your health, mental state, and your mood. You had a full 8 hours sleep and you hear, “Wow you woke up on the wrong side of the bed.” Sound familiar? You bet it does, well that’s related to your sleeping position. Let us start with the two worst positions:
Are You Sleeping Correctly?
- Your Stomach: This is the worst position for your body. Your spine twists and as you turn your head to sleep it puts a strain on your muscles in your neck and it irritates your nerves and can cause tingling numbness and pain in your body. Is there a benefit to this position? (Just one) no snoring, but it’s not worth the rest of the damage it can cause? If you continue to sleep on the stomach, no pillow!
- The Fetal Sleep Position: This position can cause acid reflux to become worse due to the slight crunching in the middle when legs are raised to chest. It restricts diaphragmatic breathing and can cause facial wrinkles. Fetal position can also increase arthritic pain, because it curves your back too much.
- Side Sleeping: Without proper pillow support is bad for face and breasts. It can lead to sagging breasts and it also puts pressure on the face increasing wrinkles.
BEST POSITION: Sleeping on the back
It prevents neck and back pain by maintaining a neutral position for head neck & spine. Reduces acid reflux by keeping your head elevated above your stomach Minimizes wrinkles because nothing pushes against the face. Downfall, it can be bad for snoring. The fix if you are a snorer is to sleep on side with proper pillow between legs and proper elevation on your head (use the puffy pillow to elongate spine and keep head supported without raising it too high. If you wake up tired and fatigued “THAT’S YOUR BODY SCREAMING HELP” so let’s start with the correct sleeping position and see how you feel in the am. I am also including a morning wake up tonic recipe to help get you going.
Give it a try, you have nothing but energy to gain.
*****Check with your physician before drinking if you are on any prescription blood thinners or any other medications*****************
- 1 green tea bag or loose green tea
- 1 white tea leaf bag or loose white tea
- ½ inch piece of ginger root
- 1/8 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2-3 drops of bitter melon extract (you can purchase in health store or online)
- 2-3 drops of black pepper fruit extract (purchase health store or online)
- Put all ingredients in a pot with 2 cups of water and ½ lemon sliced bring to a boil and let simmer 5 minutes.
- Strain and drink (you can add 1 tsp of raw honey if you need it sweet)
Nix the coffee and try this its effective and healthier!!
Until next time. Don’t forget to sleep a comment below.